Site Editor Data Segmentation
The following information defines how to use the search and sorting functionality to segment Asset data.
Searching for a Building
If you have a customer with multiple buildings, you can use the Site Editor's search functionality to quickly find a specific building within the portfolio.
1. Navigate to the Site Editor home page.
2. Click the "Search Portfolio" search bar and type the desired building name. The [Search] button becomes active.
3. Click the [Search] button. The table is filtered based on your search input.
Using Search Bar Wildcards
Wildcards can be used in searches to further define table results. The asterisk symbol ( * ) is the wildcard identifier and replaces parts of an asset path or display name in searches.
- Using a wildcard at the beginning will return all asset paths that end with the search term.
- Using a wildcard at the end will return all asset paths that begin with the search term.
- Using a wildcard at both the start and end will return all asset paths that contain the search term.
- using a wildcard between search terms will return all asset paths that contain the search term between wildcards (Example: *flr_1*chlrPlant*chlr*).
Returning to the Default Table View
1. To return to the default table view after you have segmented the data by searching, click the "x" at the end of the search bar to clear the entry.
2. The [Search] button becomes active.
3. Click the [Search] button. The table returns to the building list.
Sorting Building Configuration Tables
To help you quickly find desired building configuration data, you can sort building configuration tables by category.
1. Return to the Site Editor home page.
2. Select the category (column heading) on which you want to sort and click the arrow next to the category name. An upward-pointing arrow sorts the list in ascending order while a downward-pointing arrow sorts the list in descending order.
Note: Breadcrumbs appear as you filter the Asset Types for quick navigation.